A Room with a View

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Sleepy blogging...

Too tired to blog. Recently I've been having a lot of trouble with insomnia coupled with really vivid dreams which wake me up when I finally get to sleep, so, all in all, I'm completely exhausted and feeling a little grizzly. I normally wouldn't write when I'm this vacant, but I figured that as it's only Day 2 of the blog I ought to keep momentum going, if only for a sentence or two.

Despite the sleepness night, Lovely Lawyer Husband and I made an early morning home improvement pilgrimage to IKEA, but I'll blog more on this when I'm awake. Yes, I realise that an IKEA outing may not be riveting stuff to most people, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IKEA and can't possibly do justice the the wonders of Swedish domesticity (and in-store cuisine) right now...So for now I'll sip a glass of wine whilst LLH tries to keep my interest in the cricket match on TV. Hopefully I'll soon be in a restful slumber.....Good night!

7 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I think writing when one is vacant is okay... blogging is about being real, and we're all vacant sometimes. :)

10:25 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

I think that I just need to get used to the fact that blogging isn't work-type writing, so it's ok for posts not to be perfectly written :) But I don't doubt that I'll be doing plenty of 'vacant blogging' at times, especially as we go through the process of selling our house and attempting to buy a new one!

8:45 pm  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

selling / buying houses = way stressful!

I like IKEA, too, but we don't own much stuff from there.

I like blogging precisely because it IS different from work writing. :)

8:57 pm  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

Yes, IKEA is addictively cool. I'm just too much of a dork to make much of their stuff look. Still, I like to browse and imagine how I would make up my house if I was fun and trendy.

2:04 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Oh Russian Violets, I'm sure that you are more than cool enough for IKEA :), although I guess the kind of stuff they sell would perhaps not fit the style of your renovated house (which sounds amazing, by the way). To be honest, I think IKEA appeals to me not because of their trendy furniture, but simply because I am put under some magical Swedish spell the moment I enter the store, which leaves me utterly convinced that I cannot possibly live without at least 10 more boxes of candles, 20 pot plants and a vast array of kitchen paraphernalia that I will never use! Oh, and of course the full breakfast for less than £1 is always nice too :)

4:33 pm  
Blogger Scrivener said...

A brand new IKEA just opened up here last month and the whole damn city is gaga for the place. I enjoy IKEA as much as the next person, I suppose, but I am not going to wait in a line for an hour and a half to pay $10 to park my car to go into the place.

10:53 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Come to the UK, IKEA has free parking here! I do agree about the queues though. When they opened a new store in London a couple of months ago, customers were actually fighting in the aisles to get their hands on the special opening bargains...completely crazy!

9:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home