A Room with a View

Monday, August 01, 2005

Must get busy...Things to do today

I can't function without lists of everything I need to do, but just recently I seem to have lost control of my lists. (As I write this, I have this image in my head of all my lists defiantly marching (yes, they all have little legs in this image, I definitely need more coffee!) into the deepest darkest corners of my house to defy my attempts at organisation.) So, as it's the start of a new week and new month, I've decided that today's the day, I must grasp the nettle and reassert control ;)
Here's a few things I should begin with:
  1. Write list of things I need to buy to finish getting house ready before estate agent comes on Thurday (pot plants etc.).
  2. Write list of jobs that Lovely Lawyer Husband and I need to finish off in house before Thursday.
  3. Sort through huge mound of paperwork that is threatening to cascade over living room floor (extracting from it the various lists that I began and also any urgent bills to pay).
  4. Answer at least some of the e-mails from friends that are languishing in my Inbox (particularly those that need an urgent response because of forthcoming events).
  5. Go shopping for 1. (But only if delivery company FINALLY delivers new spare bed, don't get me started on this one!)
  6. Begin work on 2.
  7. Arrange redirection of mail from OUE to here.
  8. Begin work on some urgent forms relating to my research.
  9. Call or e-mail friend whose calls I've been missing all weekend.
  10. Do laundry. Yawn...
  11. Remember to buy a new diary when I next go shopping. (Why is it that I always buy an Academic Year Diary, but am taken by surprise every single time that it runs out in August not December?!)
  12. Go through (and why not make another list?) of things I need to discuss with and questions I must ask potential estate agents.

Okay, that's definitely enough for now...onwards and upwards!

Update: Forgot to put 'make blogroll' on list.

3 Comments:

Blogger RussianViolets said...

Yeah!!! Another list-maker. I cannot, cannot, cannot function without my list, and I know no felicity superior to crossing things off.

2:05 pm  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I find I do blog-type activities far too readily, they don't even have time to make it onto a list. lol!

4:29 pm  
Blogger Scrivener said...

I'm always surprised when the academic calendar runs out in July or August too.

10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home