A Room with a View

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Saturday Afternoon Meme Time...

Everyone's doing this, and as I don't want to blog about the fact that I'm feeling sulky and sorry for myself right now, I'll give it a go too...

  • A - Accent About as quintessentially English as you can get. My boarding school days definitely had a huge ifluence. If I hear myself on an answerphone or video I'm quite shocked...in my head I don't sound nearly as well-spoken as I actually am. It's not quite a Pride and Prejudice accent, but I could easily pull-off being Hugh Grant's sister. ;)
  • B - Bra Size How random is this question?! It's D.
  • C - Chore you hate I'm totally with Russian Violets on this one. It's cleaning. I. Hate. Cleaning. I hate cleaning the bathroom and oven with a passsion. I especially hate it at the moment because I spend half my life cleaning my house so that someone might come and buy it, but nobody ever does. Ungrateful bastards. And so I'm stuck here...cleaning. Waaaaaaaaaw!
  • D - Dad's name Charles
  • E - Essential make-up None. I cleanse, tone and moisturise, but almost never wear makeup. Only for evening funcions, and then not very much. I guess it's partly laziness, and maybe I'll start wearing more at some stage, but for now I'm quite content with my natural look.
  • F - Favourite Perfume I used to be really into Calvin Klein perfumes and also Dune by Christian Dior, but now I go for much lighter fragrances. My favourites are Clarins' Eau Ressourcante and Eau Dynamisante.
  • G - Gold or Silver? I don't wear a lot of either, but silver generally, although both my engagement ring and wedding ring are gold, and I adore them.
  • H - Hometown Sleepy Boring Seaside Town
  • I - Insomnia Yes, for as long as I can remember I've had trouble sleeping. Grrrrrrr!
  • J - Job Title Graduate Research Student in European Union Law.
  • K - Kids Definitely not. The whole thing scares me too much. Cats? Yes. Kids? No. I have endless admiration for those who become parents, it's just not for me.
  • L - Living Arrangements DON'T ASK ME THIS!!!! This meme was supposed to distract me from the things that are annoying me! ;) Currently living in a 5 year old house in Sleepy Boring Village, which we are in the process of trying to sell. We found a perfect flat in Trendy Seaside City, but unless we sell our place in the next couple of days (which is looking pretty unlikely, considering that we've had only two viewings in 3 and a half weeks - gah!), we're going to lose it to another buyer. I'm so not a happy bunny right now. *big sigh*
  • M - Mum's birthplace London
  • N - Favourite Noldo I have no idea what this is. Does anyone else know??
  • O - Overnight Hospital Stay A couple of weeks when I was born, as I was 6 weeks early. Since then, just adenoid removal when I was 7, and tonsil removal when I was 25. For what it's worth, I don't recommend having your tonsils out in your mid-twenties, it hurt like hell. I am glad they're gone though.
  • P - Phobia Bugs. Bugs. Bugs. Pretty much any large ones, and especially those that can jump, fly and bite. I'm also scared of butterflies and moths, which I realise is pretty pathetic. It's the fluttering that gets me.
  • Q - Favourite Quote 'By indirections find directions out.' Hamlet, Act 2, Scene 1. I have this quote stuck beside my desk to remind me not to get despondent when my research seems to be going nowhere.
  • R - Religious affiliation I was christened and confirmed as a protestant when I was much younger, but I don't go to church anymore and I don't hold any particular beliefs. Having said that, I do often feel a sense of peace and balance when I visit churches and cathedrals.
  • S - Siblings No, I didn't mind when I was younger, but now I'd love to be part of a bigger family, or at least have a big brother. LLH is an only child too, so we're a bit family-lite.
  • T - Time I get up At the moment, around 7.30am. At times it's been quite a bit earlier. Either way, I'm better if I keep to a regular schedule, and I get very grumpy if I sleep in for too long.
  • U - Unnatural hair colours Always just blonde, although I'd like to get a bit more adventurous one day...
  • V - Vegetable you refuse to eat Can't think of any at all. I'm a good girl. ;)
  • W - Worst habit Worrying and obsessing about anything and everything.
  • X - X-rays you've had Lots of dental ones, and my wrist, when I fractured it roller-blading on the very first day that I had a new pair of roller-blades.
  • Y - Yummy foods you make Banana bread, scones and a pasta/pesto/vegetable concoction. I've only gotten into cooking in the last year or so, as LLH is a very good cook and tends to make most of our meals. (Yay for LLH!)
  • Z - Zodiac sign Aquarius.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

PC: I posted some things just for you chez moi.

5:37 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Thanks so much Shrinky, they're fantastic. :)

10:32 am  
Blogger Storm Front said...

Noldo is an artist. I looked it up because I would like to say I knew who/what this was but I don't. She (I think she is a she) does "deviant art" and since I am a raging deviant, I should have known. There are other entries on google's search, but I think this is probably what they are talking about. Again, I could be wrong!

Ok, so now I will go do this meme! Since everyone else is doing it....

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home