A Room with a View

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

WABing...inspired by Shrinkykitten

One of my professors at law school frequently warned us against the perils of WABing (WAB = Work Avoidance Behaviour). I've always liked this word (although I've never heard it used by anyone outside of my law school and friends who've picked it up from me) as it seems a little more proactive than procrastination...I mean, it at least seems to suggest actively doing something to avoid work, right??! Better than just sitting around doing nothing??! Exactly. ;) And so today, I'm in WABing mode. Pink Cupcake WABing to be precise. Inspired by a great cupcake photo that the fabulous Shrinkykitten had on her blog recently, I decided to search ebay for pink cupcake photos and memorabilia. (Yes, I know, I really must do something productive soon.) Not sure whether these would be appropriate blogging attire? And I'm definitely a bit too large and old for these and this (although I love the T-shirt)...But will I be able to resist the Pink Cupcake Doll, or the Pink Cupcake necklace and earrings?!! ;)
The google hits were immense too...there's a whole other day of WABing just waiting to be had....stay tuned :)

5 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

totally you need to get some of this stuff!!!

12:41 am  
Blogger diana christine said...

Oh how I love this expression! WABing! Of course, my closets get cleaned and shelves freshly rearranged with really great WABing. Give me a daunting assignment and my house suddenly gets a facelift. I am so happy to have a name for it...

3:26 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

B* - I'm trying to resist right now, but no doubt I will be succumbing to some Pink Cupcake items in the not too distant future. LLH will be horrified ;)

Feminine Expressions - Glad you like the word - I certainly use it a lot! And, thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm going to hop on over to your one very soon...

10:53 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You need it all! Or, alternately, if you have a color printer (or access to one) you can get iron on paper from an office supply store and iron on the pink cupcake picture onto *everything*!!! hot mitts, towels (well, maybe towels are too textured), cloth napkins, t shirts, tote bags, espadrilles, sheets (a friend of mine actually did that), a big canvas to hang in your kitchen or someplace .... the list goes on and on, and it's cheap AND crafts (and what could be better!).

4:37 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

LOL! Oh Shrinky, don't tempt me. :) I can just imagine LLH's face if he returned home one day to find the entire house Pink Cupcaked! But, maybe just a few things... ;)

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home