A Room with a View

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Anything that can go wrong...

I know I'm a day early for Wednesday Whining over at the Phantom Scribbler, but I've already decided that I definitely should have stayed hidden under the bedcovers this week. We're just two days away from three estate agents coming to value our house, and everything's gone to pieces...
The new bed for our spare bedroom (where we have never had a bed before, because it's been our study) is still in transit. This wouldn't be so bad were it not supposed to arrive last Friday - meaning that it's now been in transit for five days, even though it's coming from a warehouse less than an hour away from here. I've had countless conversations with the delivery company (and wasted many a half-hour listening to their appalling hold-muzak - gah!), but they still can't promise that it will be here today. 'If not today, then first thing tomorrow' chirped the last person I spoke to, but it's not like I haven't heard that at least 5 times in the last couple of days.
So, if I have to go out, I have to make sure that someone is here in case the bed finally materialises. Thankfully, my Mum's a teacher on Summer vacation, so she filled in whilst I was at the dentist this morning, which brings me to my next whine...
I have to have root canal and a root removal tomorrow. Grrrrrr! That's so not going to make me feel like spending the rest of the day on my hands and knees cleaning the house. But I can't be a sulky drama queen about this, especially as the rest of the house seems to be falling apart around us. Usually things in this house are pretty reliable, it's only 5 years old, but no sooner than we decide to sell it...everything stops working! The best so far is the doorbell - which means we currently have a hand-scrawled sign on the door telling people to knock. Great kerb appeal for potential buyers...so classy.
Anyway, must stop whining and get back to it - next up, de-limescaling the shower! Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Apologies for the lack of paragraphs - I'm having trouble getting Blogger to let me put in paragraph spaces today!

2:11 pm  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

It does that to me all the time. I hope things settle down. And houses know when to act up; my first house had a storm drain back up a week before we put it up for sale. Grrr....

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home