A Room with a View

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Back home and falling in love (ever so slightly)...

Arrived home late last night from an amazing long weekend in Germany. And, oh boy, do the Germans know how to PARTY! Not just in the sense of drinking and staying up late, but by creating a really social atmosphere...dancing, live music, communal singing, amazing food, good conversation. Simply great fun. Totally different to partying in the UK. Actually the hospitality all weekend was wonderful...We were totally spoilt and I was more relaxed than I have been in ages. It was good to finally get on a plane and leave the Country for the first time in over 2 years. I felt released. I have tons to blog about the trip and lots of photos too (I can't believe how much happened in four days). I also want to blog about a few things that the trip provoked me to think about. But more on all that tomorrow, for now my thoughts are elsewhere...
I'm falling in love with a flat that I viewed today. I viewed six today. Some were awful, some very nice, but this one was very special. It's in an awesome location (a place I never imagined I'd be able to live in), and whilst it needs some work, it is pretty damn spectacular already. Huge rooms, high ceilings, original period features, sea views....Oh, I like it very much indeed. We're going back tomorrow so that LLH can view it too. It's not practical (not least because the ceilings are so high that it would cost a fortune to heat, and, oh yeah, that wouldn't be possible right now as the heating system is a bit primitive *la la la, not thinking about this*), but it does just grab me. Of course, the main problem is that we haven't sold our current place. Some promising viewings over the weekend, but no offers as yet. If LLH really likes it tomorrow, we're gonna have to do some very serious thinking. I'm finding it all pretty exhausting, emotionally and physically, but I guess that's only to be expected. Going back all day tomorrow to view more properties. The more I visit the city, the more I want to live there NOW. Today I had coffee in a beach-front cafe with breathtaking views, and it was so easy to think clearly whilst looking out at the sea with beautiful coastline stretching either side of me.
Feeling sleepy, but really want to catch up on a little blog reading before I turn in. I think it was very good for me to be away from the internet and email for the first time in ages, but I did miss blogging (both writing and reading) more than I expected, and continually made mental notes of things to blog about (whilst taking accompanying photos!). I guess I'm hooked. ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!

11:12 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Thanks, Clare :)

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home