A Room with a View

Monday, September 12, 2005

The Poseidon Adventure...

Okay, I'm gonna keep this short, but our endeavours to finally secure Dream Flat are really involving more twists, turns and breathless moments of despair than the great disaster movies...On Friday we thought everything was absolutely fine, then on Saturday we found out that the person we're buying from had gone AWOL. Since then the real estate agents have been trying to contact him, but so far only one garbled message has been received back. There's no indication that anything's wrong, so it's not all bad, but there's no indication that everything's right either. Damn it, my nerves are so frayed that I just need a little certainty. I just want to know that we're full steam ahead. LLH (who NEVER gets nervous about anything) is also jittery as anything, and is about to drive the poor estate agents insane. I mean, who wants to receive around 20 calls from a lawyer each day? We're both behaving like expectant parents...watching too many house-selling shows on Discovery Real Time, and consuming far too much medicinal pizza and wine. I wasn't going to blog about this (hence my silence over the weekend), but I pretty much blog all my hopes and fears, so what the heck, why hold back on this? Here's hoping that we'll get confirmation that all is okay tomorrow...I don't have many fingernails left. ;)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a bloody nightmare. hope you get it all sorted out fast!

9:56 pm  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Fingers and toes crossed for you.

10:27 pm  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh, Pink Cupcake, I hope it's all resolved in your favor soon!

11:25 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Hoo boy, real estate isn't fun sometimes. I hear there is a patron saint of real estate you can bury in your front yard :) Hugs to you and my fingers are crossed that all shall be well soon.

1:09 am  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh man, Pink Cupcake, I don't think I can take too much more excitement on this!!! Tell me that things have worked out.

In other news, I got your postcard tonight!!! HURRAY!

4:06 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Thanks everyone!

R2Ks - I'm definitely going to have to get hold of one of those patron saints to bury. ;)

HL - Glad you got the postcard! :) I'm going to post about the flat in a bit (now that I'm calm enough to do so!). It should be okay with any luck, but yesterday was a total nightmare, even our lawyers and real estate agents were astounded at how unethical the vendor could be. Grrr!

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home