A Room with a View

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Woo hoo...Time for celebratory cupcakes!



I'm a bit too excited to type right now (plus it's hard to type and sip champagne at the same time, although with practice I'm sure I could improve...), but just wanted to put up a quick post to say that WE'VE SOLD OUR HOUSE! Yay and double yay...This is of course wonderful for us as we can definitely secure Dream Flat now, but I was also really touched by how genuinely the buyers love our house. Whilst Sleepy Boring Village is not for LLH and I, it is absolutely perfect for them. They apparently spent the morning walking around the area and loved seeing all the children and families. It's exactly what they want. I totally had to fight back the tears when they made the offer, although that probably wouldn't have been much worse than my desperate sales pitch, which wasn't really needed anyway. You should have seen me, I was like 'You can have the BBQ, the garden furniture, the bike etc. etc. etc.'. They could probably make millions on e-bay with all the extras that we threw in. But, I just don't care, they are first-time buyers, so it helps them out, and we don't need all that stuff for our new flat anyway. I'm happy for us and them.
I also just want to say the BIGGEST THANK YOU to all of you for being so supportive throughout my house-selling roller-coaster. I can't tell you how much I've appreciated your supportive comments and positive house-selling vibes! I would have freaked out so much more were it not for you guys. And, yes, Limon, you were absolutely right that viewer #3 would be the one to buy, but I do hope LLH doesn't get any ideas about a 60 inch TV. ;)
P.S. My house selling attempts were nearly thwarted by a MASSIVE GRASSHOPPER! I dashed home from a bank appointment to quickly clean around the house before the viewers came back, only to find this gigantic jumping thing in my bedroom. I tried to confront my bug phobia to catch it...but it just kept jumping at me and I couldn't get it. Ewww. Ick. I had visions of the potential buyers being smitten with the place and then seeing the bug and freaking out. I was hysterical and all our neighbours were out, so I was a bit short on the bug catching accomplice front. Eventually I got hold of my Mum and we managed to capture it together. You should have seen us jumping up and down on the bed chasing this thing. Not funny at all at the time, but pretty damn hilarious in hindsight.
P.P.S. Unfortunately, I didn't bake the above cupcakes to entice the buyers. They're from a set Shrinky's already linked to on flickr.

12 Comments:

Blogger halloweenlover said...

HURRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I am so excited for you! Really! I'm beaming in my office with the good news!

As soon as you said that they said it was in their ideal location, I knew they would make an offer! I totally cried when our sellers accepted our offer, and then we all cried together when they handed us their keys. I think they were so excited that we were first time homeowners.

So now can we see the pics of dream flat? Yay! Congrats!

9:58 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

THANKS SO MUCH, HL. :) When I read your comment to my previous post, I really hoped that they would go for the ideal location, just as you had. I'm so glad they did! And, your're completely right that it's exciting to sell to first-time owners, especially as they are friends of my family and are getting married next summer. It just seems right. This was the first home we owned too and also where we moved into a few months before getting married, so it seems that things have gone full circle in a really good way. Plus, I'm glad that we can sell to someone who is really happy to have all the curtains, garden stuff etc., as they're not suitable for us now and I wouldn't want it all to be wasted.
And, of course, I'll certainly post dream flat pictures soon! (I don't have any internal ones right now, but I think I have an outside one already.) Thanks again for all your support. :)

10:09 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray! Let's have a cupcake party!

BTW, did you see my response to you chez moi about a cupcake meme?

10:36 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Yay. Many huge and monstrous congratulations! I knew you could do it. And now I want cupcakes. Can you send them to me via e-mail? If not, I'll have to go bake some. AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

10:57 pm  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is fantastic! YAY!!!! Congratulations.

11:21 pm  
Blogger comebacknikki said...

Yay!!! How exciting!!! :)

11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That's so excellent! (And drat, Running2Ks stole my request to send cupcakes to my e-mail... ;-D) And just think, you don't have to clean for viewers any more!

2:28 am  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh, congratulations! Forget the cupcakes, send champagne!

A toast to your Dream Flat!

2:41 am  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

How wonderful! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures. (P.S. The 60 inch TV is a monstrosity--the things we do for love. Gah.)

3:52 am  
Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Hooray. Cupcakes for everyone.

5:03 am  
Blogger Scrivener said...

Ok, I'm very late I know, but congratulations on the sale! Wonderful news.

4:58 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Thanks everyone...virtual cupcakes and champagne are on their way to you all. :)

Shrinky - Yes, I've added a comment over at yours. I think it's a great idea, and have convinced LLH to accompany me and the cupcakes next weekend! He thinks I'm insane, but said he'd come if I bought him a beer. :)

New Kid - I can't tell you how happy I am not to have to clean for viewers anymore. Yay!

5:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home