A Room with a View

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Housekeeping

Although I've been blogging for quite a while now, I've never got around to subscribing to feeds of all my favourite blogs through Bloglines. Stupidly, I kept telling myself that I didn't have the time to sit down and sort it out, except, of course, the alternative has meant that I spend hours clicking through my blogroll several times a day, looking for new posts like some kind of blog stalker! Well, fear not, you will be stalked no more... I've now subscribed to all of your feeds (except the one person who doesn't have a feed, although she is forgiven at the moment, as she has her comps today!). I can't believe how efficient my blog reading will now be (except I do like to click through to read most posts, as I like seeing the familiar, colourful templates). In fact, I'm going to save so much time that I'll be able to add tons more blogs to my regular reading list! Yay!

They'll also be more visible changes coming up on the blog in the coming weeks. I've already got some inspiration from the best blogging book ever. So stay tuned...

8 Comments:

Blogger JM said...

well, today I got a postcard from the BEST BLOG BUDDY EVER. :) thanks!

10:32 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I haven't subscribed either, I guess I need to now! You've convinced me!

12:53 am  
Blogger comebacknikki said...

The only thing I don't like about Bloglines is that you don't get to see the person's actual blog. I love to look at the layout and the changes/additions on the sidebar. It adds to the blog's personality.

4:55 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Julie - Aww, you're very welcome. Glad it arrived okay.

Halloweenlover - Yes, you must subscribe! I'm a total convert - it saves so much time.

comebacknikki - I completely agree, which is why I mainly click through to the blogs from Bloglines. I still find that saves lots of time though, as I only click through to blogs with new posts, as opposed to endlessly going through my blogroll!

2:42 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Does that mean that I'll have fewer British visitors showing up on Sitemeter?

I sure haven't gotten around to getting into Bloglines yet. It would probably save me some time. And would mean that fewer bloggers would be checking their sitemeter and wondering, "Victoria, BC? Who is this person? And why is she always checking my blog?"

7:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I admit it, I am a blog stalker! I'm completely obsessive about checking my favorite blogs. I haven't really figured out how to do bloglines yet, but I guess I should.

6:19 pm  
Blogger krisluvswool said...

You can subscribe me now!!!!!

7:58 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Turtlebella - Thanks so much for stopping by, I love your blog! It took me months to get round to doing Bloglines...not sure why though, it's very simple.

Kristiface - Yay!!!

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home