A Room with a View

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Random Bullets of Ingerland

'Cake and I, being the good Britsh folk that we are, are taking a healthy interest in the World Cup (big fat lie, I couldn't care less, and I don't know about her, it's impossible to guess. If it doesn't interfere with her darts then perhaps she is).
  • But really. Here, it is Unavoidable. You sit down to watch your favourite soap, and no, it was on half an hour ago. Fucking with the schedules, man, no. Wrong.
  • What has amused me though is the Sun's guide to permissable behaviour in Germany. Eg. Singing "Two world wars and one world cup" (Two-world-wars-and one-world-cup! Doo dah! Doo dah!") is Wrong (and was incidently the song of choice during the Pope's address in my local). Chanting "Ingerland" is quite alright. Actually, have a read yourself.
  • Apparently, it is also quite alright to drink cans of lager on the bus and sing Vindaloo at half seven in the evening (mind you, that's up here, it's probably white wine spritzers and Elgar down where she is).
  • It is also fine for the whole of the North to wear ill fitting football strips that frankly flatter no one.
  • It is also fine to walk around with a face like a smacked arse painted as an English flag (and confusing football fever with Christmas and accidently dressing up as santa as these chaps did a few years back).
  • The whole country's gone to the bloody dogs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

I was going to wear my adidas jacket the other day. Then I stopped myself because I was affraid people might think I liked soccer and was celebrating the world cup.

I would not want to give out erroneous impressions to the general public in reference to my enjoyment, or lack there of, of various sporting events, worldwide.

2:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to wear my adidas jacket tomorrow cos someone was wearing one on Big Brother and she looked really col. BUt I'm not now. Not after what you've said.
You've ruined it for me, Jesse.

11:04 pm  
Blogger Jesse said...

Hot Diggity! I am a fashion Ruiner!

**I wore the adidas jacket the next day, which was yesterday. It made the world so sad that it rained on me. Rained with malice.

12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home