A Room with a View

Monday, August 15, 2005

Stationery addiction...

I love stationery! I love pens, paper, little sticky things, paper clips, folders, notebooks...I love it all. From the big, industrial, practical stuff, to fancy notebooks and pens with fluffy pink stuff on top, I'm hooked. Whenever I buy stationery, I can't possibly leave without at least one thing (usually more) that I didn't intend to buy. As I won't have a study or desk again until we move, I don't really have space for anything new, so I'm trying to be good. But, oh boy, when I have a new work area, it'll be stationery-shopping- a-go-go.
To whet my appetite, I did pick up a new academic year diary yesterday (which I do need), which has a multi-coloured striped cover...very snazzy! I did want to buy one with cute, glittery pink cats on it, but LLH convinced me that it may not be the most appropriate thing to take to serious meetings. Well, I guess, so I just had to buy the glittery pink cat notebook instead... :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Storm Front said...

As plugged in as I am electronically, I still like a school year diary. I much prefer to write notes of what I need and where I need to be. A friend gave me a PDA a few years back, and I ended up giving it to my son for his college work. I even told my friend not to buy it because I wouldn't use it, but he did anyway and I suppose was just as glad my son got use out of it.

I love stationery too!

4:25 am  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

I worship stationery as well!!! My new motto is, "Love me: Love my girlie stuff." And glittery pink is the quintessential girliness. Yeah for you on having such excellent taste.

9:00 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

storm - I totally agree...sometimes there's just no substitute for paper. I'm trying to use OneNote on my laptop for my lists and notes, but still find myself scrawling on paper quite often!

RV - I'm totally with you on the pink girlie stuff! I'm in the process of sorting out a new blog template - and you won't be surprised at the colour ;)

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home