A Room with a View

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Where was I then...

As seen over at Profgrrrrl's place...
  1. 21 years ago I was on a beach holiday in Majorca with my parents and Godparents. The area we went to wasn't very touristy back then, and as we went to the same place for several years, we got to know lots of the locals very well. And, as I was only 7, everyone spoilt me. :) I loved spending hours looking round the gift shops, and chatting with the old lady who sold ice-lollies on the beach. 1984 was also the summer that I did my vacation project on the Los Angeles Olympic Games. I made a huge scrap book and even remember making medals from shiny sweet wrappers!
  2. 20 years ago I was again in Majorca with my family. I think this was the year that we travelled around the island quite a bit. I remember visiting Chopin's former home in the beautiful mountain town of Valledemosa.
  3. 15 years ago I went to the States with my parents. We visited LA, San Francisco and Las Vegas. It was a wonderful vacation, and although we didn't know it at the time, it was to be our last vacation as a family, before my father died the following April. For that reason above all, I hold close so many happy memories of those three weeks.
  4. 5 years ago was the summer that I completed my first year at University, and got married and went on honeymoon. We had a large wedding in June, but had to postpone our honeymoon until later, as my end of year exams began exactly a week after our wedding (bad planning, but the wedding date was booked a year before I was accepted into university). We eventually went to Poland in September and had the most amazing time. One week exploring the mountains from the town of Zakopane, and another week in beautiful Krakow.
  5. I year ago I was in OUE City. I wasn't particularly well, but it was nice to be living in College over the summer with less students around, although the city itself was heaving with tourists. I also spent part of the summer in the New Forest with LLH. Such a relaxing environment with wonderful wildlife and many lovely tea shops. :) Hopefully we can go back later this summer too...
  6. Yesterday LLH and I went to Trendy Seaside City to look for a new home. We viewed a few properties and picked up details for a lot more. We also got to have lunch at an outside cafe...yum! Can't wait to live there.
  7. Today I'm at home trying to get lots of jobs done, which, having stopped for a quick lunch, I'd better get back to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home