A Room with a View

Friday, August 12, 2005

Just too much excitement...

Maybe I've been wrong all along about Sleepy Boring Village (SBV). I was just flicking through the local weekly newspaper and noticed that the World's Largest Garden Spade is on display at the SBV Garden Centre this weekend. Dig it! (Ooooh, sorry, I know, really bad pun.) Just hope that the local amenities will be able to cope with the hoards of visitors that will doubtless descend upon SBV from all over the UK. Better set my alarm early to be first in the queue. ;)
In other local news, Sleepy Boring Seaside Town (SBST) has employed a marketing agency to help shed its image as 'God's Waiting Room', and, of course, the local news paper has an article on this. Yep, that would be the article right across the page from one about a local resident's 101st Birthday party, and the page after the advert for a new denture clinic...Clearly the rebranding is going well so far.
So, yeah, I wanna sell my house quickly and get the hell outta here...
Update: Apologies to anyone who read this before I noticed the erroneous apostrophe (now removed) in the second paragraph. I think the pain medication has obliterated my grammatical ability!

4 Comments:

Blogger Limon de Campo said...

Wow! The world's largest garden spade! How cool is that!?!

4:24 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Seriously, the spade thing was cool enough to merit a huge ad in the local newspaper. And, you know what, I can imagine the conversations in half the houses in SBV tonight...'You know honey, we really should see this spade tomorrow'. Yeah, this place rocks. ;)

4:41 pm  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

photoblog the spade, please. :)

8:18 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Your wish is my command, B*. LLH has already decided that it is so bizarre that we must go take a photo! :)

10:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home