A Room with a View

Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Surprising Seven...

I must be the last person to do this, but here's 7 things that might surprise you about me:

1. I met my husband in a monastery. No, he didn't run away from the brotherhood to marry me and become a corporate lawyer...It is a pretty amusing story though, so I'll definitely blog about it soon.

2. My first serious boyfriend came out during our relationship. At the time it didn't make me feel any better when he said 'I just felt that if I could have been straight with anyone, it would have been you'. I can laugh about it now, but how I wish that Will and Grace had been on TV back then...

3. I know way more than anyone would ever need to know about Champagne. Of course, with grad student finances this knowledge is pretty much wasted, but hopefully not forever. :)

4. My wedding dress was a replica of the dress worn by Audrey Hepburn for the ball in My Fair Lady (below).

5. I've seen two stuffed dictators - Mao and Lenin. Next up, Ho Chi Minh and Kim Il Sung...

6. I once played Bloody Mary in South Pacific. It took weeks for my pale skin and blonde hair to recover from the masses of black spray on dye and thick brown make-up. All in the name of art... ;)

7. It took me three years to learn to drive and I've only driven once since I passed my test (first time!) three years ago.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tara Kuther said...

Fabulous dress!!! :)

5:23 pm  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

Yes, that dress is gorgeous. I didn't have a wedding, but if I had that dress, I might have!

5:30 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Beautiful dress. And you must have an amazing singing voice to pull off Bloody Mary. I am soooo intrigued by #1.

12:24 am  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I definitely want to hear the story about how you met your husband ....

1:52 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Powerprof - Thanks so much for stopping by!

PP, Limon and R2Ks - I adore the dress, but it does seem a huge waste that I only got to wear it for one day and that it now sits in a wardrobe at my Mum's house. Still, it was wonderful, although the the crystal beads did make it very heavy and I couldn't go to the loo without taking my Mum with me to hold it up, not very glamourous. I'll try to scan in a photo of me in the dress at some point.

R2Ks and Jo(e) - Yes, I'll definitely tell the 'how I met my husband story'soon. Perhaps in installments, it's a bit of a long one!

12:53 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Oh, yes, R2Ks, I did used to have quite a good voice - I was a choral scholar at my boarding school, so had classical training, which helped when it came to the big booming Bloody Mary songs in South Pacific! :) I haven't sung in about 9 years though and I really miss it. I really must try to find a group to sing with or something when we move.

12:57 pm  
Blogger comebacknikki said...

That dress is goregous!!

I'm really intrigued about how you met your husband now!

11:09 pm  
Blogger Scrivener said...

Interesting list! It would've made a great "10 things I've done that you haven't" list too.

12:26 am  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

I love, love, love that dress!!! And the list is great as well. :-)

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home