A Room with a View

Friday, September 23, 2005

A weekend off...

I haven't been feeling very well this week, just some aches, pains and annoyances that are making me feel crappy and drained. I don't think it's anything to particularly worry about, just one manifestation of the fact that I'm feeling pretty out of sorts in a lot of ways right now. I'm not depressed, but I am feeling quite down and am struggling with my moods and motivation. I just want to feel a lot healthier, and maybe just taking better care of myself (water, herbal teas, vitamins, exercise, good food) for a couple of days will make all the difference. I think some of the problem is the whole being in limbo thing. It's now three and a half months since I left OUE City, but as life's been pretty up in the air since then with planning to move etc., I just haven't settled down into any routine. I need to feel healthy, settled and to have some certainty in life, and the last two years haven't been good for any of those things. I know that in less than a month we'll (fingers crossed) be in our new home, but I'm just not dealing with anything particularly well right now. The combination of physical and mental niggles is getting to me, and I just want to cry or yell.
And so, I've decided to take a weekend away from blogging. I haven't blogged much this week because of how I've been feeling, but that has also been annoying me as there's a lot I wanted to post about. I'm hoping that telling myself I won't blog for a couple of days will at least stop me from beating myself up about it when I don't. Yeah, I know that probably doesn't make any sense, but I'm just feeling angry and frustrated with myself about everything right now, and don't want the blog to get added to the mix. When I say I won't be blogging, I should say posting. Reading blogs has been really helpful to me this week, and I'm sure I'll be reading over the weekend. Back on Monday...

8 Comments:

Blogger halloweenlover said...

Good for you. Take a weekend away and don't worry about us!

We'll be thinking about you!

5:10 pm  
Blogger comebacknikki said...

Feel better :)

1:05 am  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh, don't let the blog make you feel guilty! Take time for yourself, as you need it.

We're thinking of you!

3:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've had a stressful time to be fair. Don't be hard on yourself, and take care.

12:49 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Take care pinky. If you need some distraction, apparently *tons* of people are blogging about cupcakes!

http://www.technorati.com/search/cupcakes

3:03 am  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Rest up, come back when you wish to, and feel better soon. Sending you some virtual tea and some ~healthy vibes~.

4:01 pm  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Hope you feel better soon!

4:40 pm  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

Yes, do feel better soon! I'm so behind on blog readings, but I have missed you and hope that you are all recovered by now.

12:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home