A Room with a View

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sleepy and content...

On our way home from a cultural day of castles and gardens, we stopped off in a seaside town and ate traditional chips out of a paper parcel on the beach. This is something that most English people readily associate with family days out at the seaside, but I'd never actually done it before. We also took a long walk down the beach front. The sun was getting lower and the sea air was warm and comforting...it made me very sleepy. I've been flopped on the sofa all evening, although I did manage to find enough energy to eat a bowl of LLH's wonderful homemade chilli. Yum. I'm cosy and content, and everything would be perfect were it not for the fact that Atlanta are already 20 points down and LLH is sitting next to me looking very dejected in his Michael Vick shirt. Damn Seahawks! ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Yum, chips out of a paper bag...

11:16 pm  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Were the chips sprinkled with vinegar?

Oh, I am salivating just thinking about it....

12:02 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Oh yes, Jo(e), sprinkled with vinegar and salt. Mmmmm. :)

9:44 am  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Vinegar is so superior to ketchup when it comes to chips. I live in the wrong country.

5:17 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm loving the vinegar. Beautiful pictures, too.

8:57 pm  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Great pics! Neat blog! Saw you on "runnings" blog.
http://harmonious.blogdrive.com

7:39 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Jo(e) and R2Ks - I wish I could parcel up the smell of the vinegar and chips and send it to you...Mmmmm. :)

Harmonia - Welcome to blog! Thanks for stopping by...I'll be over to your blog very soon. :)

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home