A Room with a View

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Property Addict...

Okay, you all know only too well that we've found a new home, and that, given all the hassles we've had in securing it, I am never ever moving again (well, not for many years anyway). So why am still trawling through the many e-mail alerts that I receive from real estate agents everyday? Is it a morbid fascination? Another form of procrastination? Will someone please TELL ME to unsubscribe from them.
In the same vein, I must stop reading the property section of the Sleepy Boring Town newspaper. I keep tormenting myself with how much you can get for your money over here, compared to what we're paying in Trendy Seaside City. Why can't I accept the utterly obvious reasons for this? You know, like the fact that property is going to cost more in a popular city where stuff actually happens, rather than the latte-free boringsville that's my current hometown.
And, finally, I must, must, must stop watching so many home selling/buying/improving shows on TV. I knew it had gone too far when I found myself sobbing and yelling 'I feel their pain' at the TV when someone's house purchase fell through...
So, d'ya reckon there's a Property Addicts anonymous, or specialized therapists for this kind of thing? ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

If there is a PA meeting, I'll join you. I can't help myself either.

2:54 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Tee hee! My husband keeps asking me why I still want to stop by open houses and check what houses are for sale in our neighborhood. I call it "research" instead of nosiness. Feel free to do the same : )

7:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unsubscribe, you bloody mentalist!!!!!!

8:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I so totally did this. (We're renting now and can't buy for a while, so I don't anymore, but my husband does.) Even after renting the apartment, my head turns reflexively at "for rent" signs - and house buying is much, much worse!

2:32 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

R2Ks - Seems like quite a few of us need to go to PA!

HL - Thanks for the hint, I'll call it 'research' from now on. :)

New Kid - Glad I'm not alone! I now have this burning desire to make appointments to view similar properties to the one we're buying, so that I can see how people have refurbished etc. It's hopeless...

Clare - Thank you! I knew I could rely on a Northern English blogger to tell me the horrible truth! ;)

6:01 pm  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

Oh, I completely understand. Only, given that I'm homeless, the urge is really just mascochistic on my part.

I'm very happy for you, by the way. I hope everything goes very, very smoothly.

2:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home