A Room with a View

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Happy things...

  1. We're going to a party...in Germany! It does seem a bit decadent to fly all the way there for a party, especially as it's not a wedding or a really special occasion, just a regular Saturday night party. But I'm so glad we're going. It's in the hometown of one of my closest friends from OUE, and four of our other close friends will be there. I'm so looking forward to seeing them again. We all lived together until June, and I really miss our regular coffee breaks and late night wine drinking sessions. We're going for four days, so I'm also looking forward to exploring a part of Germany I've never been to. Only 8 days until my mini-vacation...
  2. The weekend after our mini-vacation in Germany, we're going on another one. (Yes, I don't know exactly when we're going to find the time to look for a new home either!) Well, actually this one's not really a vacation...we're heading up North to stay with LLH's parents and to visit his best friend's New Baby Girl, who is a week old today! We've been getting telephone updates, but it will be great to meet NBG in real life, and to see how her Mum and Dad are coping as first time parents. It'll also be interesting to see how LLH deals with the whole baby thing. Bless him, he's not a natural (that said, nor am I!), and babies usually scream before he gets anywhere near (can they sense at such a young age that he's a cut-throat commercial lawyer!!?).
  3. The Foo Fighters are playing in London in December. Yay! Must get tickets as soon as they go on pre-sale tomorrow.
  4. Only another 15 minutes before I can take more pain medication for my sore mouth. (Happy thing = pain relief, not the sore mouth! I already whined about that over at Phantom's place.)
  5. Tomorrow is beauty salon day...my eyebrows will have shape again. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger halloweenlover said...

How fun! I am dying to go to Germany! I hope the party is great fun!

5:01 pm  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Have fun and I hope your mouth feels better soon!

6:21 pm  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

*Sigh* Those vacations sound heavenly. Enjoy!

11:02 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Welcome halloweenlover and liz! Thanks so much for stopping by...I've been really enjoying your blogs since finding them a couple of days ago via Phantom's.

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home