A Room with a View

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Damn paperwork...

One of my tasks for today is to complete these huge forms relating to our house sale. Everyone selling a house in the UK receives these forms from their lawyer and I have to admit that I thought they'd be pretty easy. Boy, was I wrong! Half of the questions are incomprehensible, and the others don't make much more sense. What bothers me most is that these forms were designed to help make the conveyancing process readily understandable to non-lawyers. Well, ummm, LLH is a lawyer (corporate, not property, but whatever) and I graduated top of my year in Law School, and neither of us have a bloody clue what's going on with them, so I'm not sure that a non-lawyer would get very far. If you ask me, it's all a conspiracy by the law firms and their regulatory body (who designed the forms) to make even more money from their poor clients. Grrrr and double grrrr!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pinky C: I hope you and L'il Loopy Hubby figure it all out!

That said, I have something for you -- but would have to mail it (it's just something little). Email me, k? shrinkykitten@gmail.com

2:13 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Oh Shrinky K, you're just cracking me up. :) L'il Loopy Hubby figure is your best suggestion yet for LLH! He'll love it - he reads the comments.

And, I'll e-mail you right now, that's so sweet!

2:27 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I'm corporate too! We'll have to compare notes with LLH. Did you go to law school in England? Look! Another thing I didn't know about you. And another thing about me, I think I want to go back to school and get my phd in history. I am a glutton for punishment, I guess.

4:01 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ok, why did it triplicate my comment? Silly blogger.

4:02 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

HL - Much as I tease LLH for being a heartless corporate lawyer, his work does sound very interesting at times. And, yes, I did my law degree in England, before I started my PhD (also in law, European Union Law). A PhD in history sounds such fun (as well as hellish at times), and if Josh persuades you to move to England, you'd find lots of great places to study it. :)

4:28 pm  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

Just another hoop through which one has to jump in order to be a home seller and home buyer! I bet you'll be glad when you are settled into the beautiful new place.

5:02 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Limon - Can't wait! :)

1:29 pm  
Blogger Iain said...

I used to think that English lawyers were just crooks but now I know they are much worse than that. The amount of expensive crud they can weave into house buying is just amazing. On a recent sale of a property in Bedfordshire they were insisting on building relulations completion certificates for a garage extension completed in 1971.

Here in Japan we don't use lawyers, just register with the local Land Registry. It takes about 20 minutes.

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home