A Room with a View

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Mess fairies?

Can someone explain to me how my house can be perfectly tidy and then be in a huge mess within hours? Even when I'm home alone? I can't see the living room floor anymore for papers, and the stuff on the kitchen work surfaces is balancing pretty precariously. Having said that, the laundry is reproducing so fast that I won't be able to see the kitchen soon anyway. Do I have mess fairies?! If I do, I'd better get them in line pretty quick, as we have friends coming round for dinner tonight. I had such high hopes for making them a lovely meal. They always make a real effort with lovely home-cooked food when we go there, and what am I going to give them?? Freakin' pizza. I'm the lamest hostess ever, but this week's been so crazy that I've lost all creativity on the culinary front. So instead of the baked salmon with watercress potatoes and asparagus that I'd planned, the best I can do is extra cheese and pepperoni. You'd still want to come, right?!? I mean, the company's more important than the food, isn't it? And, of course I won't bore them with my house selling/buying stories. Honest. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger halloweenlover said...

If you speak to the mess fairies, please tell them to stay out of my house. Somehow within a couple of hours they destroy my house also and make the dishes in the sink multiply and get dog food all over the kitchen floor. Grrrr.

4:03 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

HL - I'll give them stern instructions! :)

4:29 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I don't think there is a cure for mess fairies, except maybe going on vacation. They don't like to be in the house when everyone is gone. So I say, take a vacation!

11:39 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

R2Ks - Vacation sounds good to me. :)

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home