A Room with a View

Friday, September 16, 2005

The people on the bus...

  • To the rude and obnoxious lady...Don't be surprised that your small children are badly mannered and out of control, where do you think they get it from?
  • To the man right behind me...Has nobody ever told you that you should put your hand over your mouth when you cough and sneeze? It might have taken you by surprise the first time, but after half an hour of solid coughing, you had to realise you were doing it. And while we're on the subject, did you really have to sit in a crowded area of the bus when there was a lot of empty space elsewhere? I really hope you're better soon, but I don't want to share your germs.
  • To far too many of my fellow travellers...Why can't you guys wash? I'd totally understand if you were homeless or had been in some other situation that made it impossible for you to attend to your personal hygiene, but I'm betting that wasn't the case for any of you. Soap and water isn't expensive, and even if you don't care how you smell, spare a thought for the others who are stuck on the bus with you. Ewww!
  • To the feisty elderly lady...How do you manage to carry so many bags of groceries? I just couldn't hold that much and I must be about a third of your age. What's your training regime? Plenty of spinach?
  • To the lovely elderly lady who lives in my road...Thanks for chatting to me as we walked back from the bus stop. I'm glad the weather stayed good for your afternoon of gardening, and I hope you have a great weekend with your son and his family.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scrivener said...

Actually, the new advice is to cover your mouth when you cough with your arm, preferably the inside of of your elbow. That way you don't spread it by coughing on your hands and then touching things or people. Just passing along a friendly little PSA from someone with kids, so I get them from "official" sources.

4:58 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Thanks, Scrivener, that actually makes a lot of sense. We non-parents miss all the important info, so I have to rely on you, liz, jo(e) et. al. for such updates. :)

I just wish this particular guy had covered his mouth with anything at all...It was so disgusting.

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know how much I hate buses, especially now, but one reason that you've REALLY hit on is children. Why don't people control their kids now? Last night,two kids sat on opposite ends of bus shouting at each other whilst their mother read Best. Dicks.

7:14 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm laughing about the old lady Popeye who must be eating spinach. If I could be that feisty!

1:09 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Clare - I'm so totally with you on the whole bus thing. It stresses me out every single time I get on one. Grrrr!

And, R2Ks, I'm sure she was Popeye's granny! :)

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home