A Room with a View

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Saturday Morning in Soon-To-Be Home City...

On Saturday morning, LLH and I drove aross to Trendy Seaside City, our soon-to-be home. You can take a coastal route for most of the way, and the views of the sea and cliffs are quite spectacular, particularly on days like yesterday when the sky is bright blue. You also pass through some beautiful areas of rolling green hills and fields. It's a great journey to start the weekend - lots of wonderful scenery and no stressful traffic.
The journey put us in the perfect frame of mind to re-visit Dream Flat. With the dramas of the week behind us, it was reassuring to see it again and to know that (barring huge disasters) it should soon be ours. We took some measurments and began to think about the first refurbishments we're going to make. The kitchen is completely hideous (I didn't take internal photos as I thought the real estate agent might think it was a little strange, but I'll definitely blog it one we move in), so replacing that is first on the list. We're keen to put our mark on the inside of the flat, but want to make sure that what we do is sympathetic to its age and style, whilst also being practical. I'm thinking that a trip to Borders for home-styling magazines may be in order, and I'm also very interested in researching more about the period in which the property was built. I certainly feel a sense of responsibility about living in a listed building which was built in 1830 and is in a conservation area, and I really want to learn more about it.
After we'd spent a while in the flat, we walked down to the end of the square and strolled along the seafront, before stopping for breakfast at a cafe on the beach. Perfect. I meant to take photos of the sea, but I was a bit too taken with my cappuccino and bacon sandwich. Mmmm. We did however take some photos of the square that Dream Flat is in. Yes, I know I've blogged some before, but they were from the estate agent's details, and I'm completely in love with the buildings, so I just can't help myself... :)
I love the way that the buildings curve...
The sea is only a couple of metres away from the bottom of this photo...


And finally, one containing Dream Flat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home