A Room with a View

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Happy Birthday Lovely Lawyer Husband!

LLH is 32 today. I never did get around to doing the 100 Things meme, so instead I give you 32 Things about the most important person in my life...

  1. He once had purple waist-length hair, now he has just a little more than James Carville or Michael Stipe.
  2. He shoved a girl's dislocated shoulder back into its socket (at her request) during a New Model Army concert.
  3. He's the only commercial lawyer I know who has three Che Guevara t-shirts.
  4. He had a fascinating student job that involved sorting broken almonds from whole almonds.
  5. He's one of a rare breed of Atlanta Falcons fans in the UK.
  6. He once drove Anne Widdecombe the wrong way down a one-way street.
  7. He can't really dance, but does this funny little arm-wiggle thing very enthusiastically. So cute. ;)
  8. His ideal holiday destination is North Korea.
  9. He never cries, but he did during Life is Beautiful.
  10. His favourite books are Robert E Caro's series of biographies about LBJ.
  11. He's a foot taller than me.
  12. He remembers the kind of things that nobody else does, which makes him awesome at Pub Quizzes and Trivial Pursuit.
  13. He didn't like flowers until he met me. Now he's a convert.
  14. He protests everytime I re-watch the Legally Blonde movies, but secretly he loves them.
  15. He recently gave up caffeine for a year, but eventually saw the error of his ways and is making up for lost time by having an extra shot in everything.
  16. He's just about to start reading Hemingway's For Whom The Bell Tolls.
  17. He bought me a stone gargoyle for my birthday the first year we were together. I liked it, my mother wasn't so sure.
  18. He's three years and four months older than me.
  19. He's always wanted to learn to play the guitar, but hasn't got around to it yet. Maybe this year...
  20. He's totally squeamish. He'd have to like you very, very much to even think about visiting you in hospital.
  21. He finds Christmas boring :( , but he likes tacky tinsel decorations way too much.
  22. He's totally soft over cute fluffy animals. He's so excited that we're going to get a cat soon.
  23. He can play God Save the Queen on a plastic ruler. (Don't even ask! I didn't know this until now. Apparently he learnt at school.)
  24. He's good at painting, but other than that his DIY skills are non-existent. He should never be let loose with a power tool!
  25. His ideal meal would be mussels to start, lobster with salad as a main course, all washed down with a very cold bottle of Sancerre and finished off with a double espresso.
  26. He's very into juicing and smoothies.
  27. His favourite song is REM's Country Feedback.
  28. He's scared of babies and little children, and I think the feeling's pretty mutual. ;)
  29. He's very rational, and very impatient. So a lawyer...
  30. He's convinced that he's still 23.
  31. He's looking forward to the day that we have a house big enough for him to have a den, though I dread to think how he would decorate it.
  32. He's kind, funny, incredibly smart and handsome, and I feel so fortunate to be sharing my life with him.

Happy 32nd Birthday LLH!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Pink - greetings from New Zealand!

I think your blog is really interesting and entertaining - well done and keep up the excellent work!


Regards
Sarah

8:55 pm  
Blogger JM said...

I _LOVE_ LLH!

9:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he can play god save the queen on a plastic ruler?
Really don't know what to say. My face says it all, but that really doesn't help...

9:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, LLH!!

The Legally Blonde bit reminds me of a story about my British cousin-in-law, who is also a lawyer (though I don't remember if he's a barrister or what, the English distinctions totally confuse me). Anyway, he and his wife (my cousin) are movie fiends, so when I stay with them, we watch a lot of movies. One quiet summer Saturday afternoon I had their house to myself, until he came home in the middle of me watching Pitch Black, and he was very disappointed not to see it all b/c he loves cheesy sci-fi/horror movies (which is what it is, for anyone who hasn't seen it). He had a stack of used DVDs he'd bought from the rental place, and I said, "Well, let's continue with the scary theme and watch The Others [creepy Nicole Kidman sci-fi]." So we watched that. Anyway, after 4-5 hours of scary movies, I proposed that the next one be Legally Blonde, which I'd seen but totally wanted to see again, because, I said, it would be a nice break from the scary stuff.

Well. The problem was that my cousin-in-law spent the entire length of Legally Blonde having law school flashbacks, and when it was over, complained that it had been ten times more scary for him to relive his law school days than to watch the 4-5 hours of scary movies!!

(Sorry, long anecdote, but I'm still amused by it!)

11:11 pm  
Blogger jo(e) said...

What a great list! Happy Birthday to LLH!

12:47 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Luverly Lumpy Hubby sounds adorable! Will you do such a list for yourself?

4:38 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh happy birthday to LLH, belated, I'm sorry, but nonetheless, huge birthday wishes to your great guy!

2:35 am  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

Happy b-day to LLH. How sweet of you to make a list about him. This guy sounds absolutely fabulous, and he has excellent taste (he picked you, right?)

7:21 pm  
Blogger comebacknikki said...

That's so sweet. :)
Happy birthday to him!

10:35 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Happy Birthday LLH! What a great list! He sounds fabulously interesting, I must say!

10:44 pm  
Blogger Scrivener said...

What a fantastic happy birthday post! Belated birthday greetings to LLH!

10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home