A Room with a View

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Is Lovely Lawyer Husband Pregnant?!

We just finished dinner. A really nice dinner that wouldn't leave you hungry at all. But as LLH was doing the dishes, he couldn't stop going on about needing ice cream. Vanilla ice cream to be precise. This is weird for LLH. He's not hugely into sweet things, and would normally only eat ice cream in the summer. I changed the subject of conversation a few times, but still he kept coming back to vanilla ice cream. Vivid descriptions of all different types, almost drooling as he mentioned them. I couldn't work out what was up with him. He became so obsessed that he decided to walk to the local shop to buy some. I began to wonder whether he was having pregnancy food cravings...could he be a medical phenomenon?! It seems not. Apparently there is a very rational explanation to his behaviour...
Our new gel room fragrancer. In our continual efforts to sell our house (again), we like to make sure that it smells appealing to viewers. Today we bought a new Warming Vanilla Spice room fragrancer. It's really homely, and if you stand next to it for a few minutes it seems that you'll develop an unstoppable desire to eat vanilla ice cream. Hmmm. Is it a good idea to have this in my house? Sure, potential buyers will be welcomed by the aroma, but will they start running for the nearest ice cream parlour before they are wooed enough to buy?
Updated to add: LLH just returned from the shop with an assortment of mini Haagen-Dazs tubs. I was so excited about this, as I must be the only person I know that has never had Haagen-Dazs. LLH knew this and it was so sweet of him to get them (not that he didn't enjoy devouring his little tub!). I had Cookies & Cream. YUM! YUM ! YUM! I'm hooked. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

That is really cute, and how sweet (literally) of him!

10:34 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Okay, I just caught my husband standing in the kitchen, eating handfuls of shredded coconut and saying "You know, maybe I should make (munch munch munch) cookies with coconut in them tonight (munch munch munch)." At which point I asked him if he was pregnant.

11:44 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Q of WP - Maybe it's living with grad students that drives our husbands to these cravings?! :)

10:21 am  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I'm afraid it is.

5:08 pm  
Blogger Jane Dark said...

Mini-Haagen-Dazs? I haven't heard of these. I'm not sure that hearing about them is good for me. Help! ;o.

2:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home