A Room with a View

Sunday, October 30, 2005

It's definitely time to get back to work...

I'd always intended to start work on my research again on 1st November. In the absence of a new flat, I'm going to camp out in my Mother's study during the daytimes. LLH and I had planned to get all of my papers and books out of the attic tomorrow night, so that I'm ready to start bright and early on Tuesday morning. I'm really happy to be getting back to it, and I feel even more compelled to since I had a dream about my supervisor last night. He wasn't telling me to get on with my research, but was saying how brilliant and ground-breaking my work is (I wish!). Is this some kind of reverse-guilt-trip from my subconscious? Does anyone else have these kind of dreams? I'm always struck by how vivid and distinct the image of my supervisor is - absolutely as in real life. God, I'm such a weirdo. I need to get out more. No, change that, I need to do some work. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

I still have dreams about unfinished school things--and I finished them over a decade ago! But, I wish you lots of productivity and I hope you reach your goals, as stress-free as possible :)

10:33 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I definitely have dreams about unfinished school projects. I actually remembered about the book that I must have read for Tuesday by having a nightmare (last night) in which I forgot to read it, and had no idea what it was about, and spent the entire dream a.) pretending to fake it, and b.) trying to cause everyone else in the class to go over-time talking about their books, so that I would have to wait until next week. That got me reading immediately this morning!

12:52 am  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

Happy working! I hope it goes well.

12:51 pm  
Blogger truevyne said...

The dream you had...I think almost everyone has those dreams where it all goes just right. The ones where people hang on to your every word and adore you. Dreams can be a coping mechanism when reality isn't panning out just yet.
However, last night I dreamed I gave my perfectly normal mother Polly Pockets and a dollhouse to thank her for supporting me through school. Huh? She's a grown up and I'm giving her my daughter's toys? Must be something deep and psychological, but for the life of me, I don't know what it means.

10:35 pm  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

Yes, I share this feeling. My solution was to sing up for NaNoWriMo in the hopes that writing would spur more writing. :-)

12:46 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Gosh, I'm glad to be in such good company on the dream front. :)

Narcissist - Welcome! Thanks so much for your comment and good wishes. It looks as though my pain is most likely to be muscular/skeletal, and I'm fortunate to be seeing an osteopath who is very good at massage, as well as manipulation. And, I'm seeing a couple of other doctors to just check other things out, so hopefully I'll be on the mend soon.
I'll be over to visit your blog in a bit...

Truevyne - Thanks so much for stopping by, I'll be popping over to your blog too. I love the Polly Pockets dream. I have all sorts of weird dreams with odd little things like that which I can never fathom out. Glad I'm not the only one.

RV - Good luck with the NaNoWriMo.

SFTR - Awwwww, thanks. :)

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home