A Room with a View

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Okay...

...So it seems like I'm just not ready to write (about anything really) . As I said a couple of posts ago, I wanted use the blog to write about and process all the things that I am dealing with right now. I still want to do that, but I'm just not ready to yet. I don't feel ready to write about all the big things, and I can't get my head into little things and more frivolous stuff. To be honest, the main thing is that I've simply had enough of not knowing what's going on medically. My scan seems to have ruled out gynaecological problems (I just got the results today), but given that I've had pains/tenderness in so many disparate areas of my body, the doctors now want to check out some other things too. I'm just sick of tests, appointments and being poked and prodded by everyone. I want to think about something other than all of this, but I can't. I'm glad when certain things are ruled out, but in some ways, I'd rather they just find something very solvable wrong with me, so that I can get better and get on.

Until then, I don't think I'm going to post much. I'll probably post occasionally or do the odd meme, but I don't know. I'll definitely still be reading and commenting on all your blogs - that is one of my greatest sources of distraction from all of this - but I just don't need to be making myself feel bad about the fact I don't want to write right now. Thank you again for all of your support recently, I have really appreciated it so much (and I'm sorry that I kept you all waiting after my previous post...). This little corner of the blogosphere has provided me with more support than I ever imagined. I'll be back, but until then see you over at your places... :)

19 Comments:

Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh Pink Cupcake, don't worry! We all understand. Take whatever time you need and definitely update us when you feel like it.

I hope you are feeling better soon, or at the least have a diagnosis you can work with. Hugs to you.

6:59 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Thank you so much, HL. You're a real sweetie. :)

7:06 pm  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I am sorry you are going thru a tough time. You are in my thoughts. I will still visit and say hi and comment from time to time and hope you will visit me :)
Try and have a good weekend.

9:03 pm  
Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Use blogging inasmuch as it is useful to you, but don't let it be a chore. We're all here for you when you want to write. And we'll all write for you when you want a distraction. :)

Take care and treat yourself well.

11:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're always welcome to read and comment! I hope that your medical issues get cleared up soon, and that we can provide a break when you need it.

12:23 am  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

HUGS. HUGS. HUGS. And a shoulder. I hope that you can feel free to write soon (please e-mail me at kbmailbox1-blog AT yahoo.com if you want to "chat"). I am so sorry. I will keep checking in to see how you are. Hang in there, sweetie!

1:57 am  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

Not knowing what's wrong is the worst, isn't it? How frustrating for you! Anyway, you do whatever you need to do to feel better; we'll be here to listen when you are ready to talk. Good luck with everything!

4:13 pm  
Blogger Scrivener said...

Can I just make a simple request? Scroll up just a couple of spots to profgrrrrrl's, read it again, and just imagine that I found some other way to say exactly what she just did.

11:22 pm  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

we are thinking of you and holding you in the light.

1:57 pm  
Blogger krisluvswool said...

Aw, I'm so sorry that the last tests didn't get you closer to an answer. I hope you find one soon. In the meantime, I'll keep checking in here, and I hope you'll keep checking in at my spot-- I always enjoy your comments. Good luck with all of this.

11:27 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

You need to come back soon--I miss you :)

2:58 pm  
Blogger YelloCello said...

Hello, dear Pink Cupcake -
Just checking in to say hello and that I hope you are doing okay. My thoughts are with you.

5:42 pm  
Blogger Jane Dark said...

Happy Holidays, Pink Cupcake...

3:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year silent lass, hope you're ok. TV's crap, innit?! Bugger all on... Take care x

9:41 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Happy New Year's to you!

9:14 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, pink cupcake! Happy New Year, and I hope that 2006 is a good one for you.

11:52 pm  
Blogger JM said...

happy new year, PC!

10:36 pm  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Thanks for the visit and comment in the New Year. Hope things are looking brighter! Hang in there!

6:00 pm  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Hey I just had a chance to pop over and visit you! Thanks for adding me. I added you too!

Incidentally, I went through a similar situation as you. For many years, I was battling joint pain, fatigue and lack of sleep. All my tests were negative. A couple of docs said it was all in my head. Finally I found a rheumatologist who was willing to listen. She encouraged me to go to the Cleveland Clinic for a more detailed examination. So, I went and found out that I did have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

The frustrating thing was the not knowing WHAT was wrong. Having a name so that you can say, I have X illness, makes it easier to cope with the problem. Be persistent. Do as much research as you can. You are your best advocate!

Hang in there. I will be thinking about you!

11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home