A Room with a View

Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday Not Really At All Random 10...

I had a pretty good totally random ten coming along as I listened to the shuffle whilst cleaning the house for viewings today. As I was armed with a duster and vacuum cleaner I couldn't write down the songs immediately, and the multitude of cleaning products clearly fried my brain as I couldn't remember them an hour later. Screw being random, but I also wasn't feeling in a theme mood. So I bring you ten songs that simply took my fancy as I scrolled through my itunes library...
  • REM "Why Not Smile?" Up
  • Feeder "Buck Rogers" Echo Park
  • Bowling For Soup "Girl All The Bad Guys Want" Drunk Enough to Dance
  • Deep Blue Something "Breakfast at Tiffany's" Home
  • Erasure "A Little Respect" The Very Best Hits of Erasure
  • Foo Fighters "Monkey Wrench" The Colour and The Strength
  • They Might Be Giants "Birdhouse In Your Soul" Flood
  • Meredith Brooks "Bitch" Blurring the Edges
  • The Strokes "Last Night" Is This It?
  • Four Non Blondes "What's Up?" Bigger, Better, Faster, More!

7 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

I love your choice in bands. Especially REM, Foo Fighters, and Four Non Blondes. Oh, and I love the anthem "Bitch"

11:35 pm  
Blogger JM said...

these are all great!

2:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh!!!!! Buck Rogers!!! Get in!!

11:22 pm  
Blogger truevyne said...

"Birdhouse in your soul"? My 11 year old loves this song. Please, please tell me how I can truly appreciate it when he endlessly sings the lyrics...

4:58 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

R2Ks - REM and The Foo Fighters are two of my favourite bands. Soooo looking forward to seeing the Foo Fighters live for the first time next month.

Clare - I LOV the Buck Rogers song. I saw Feeder supporting REM in London in the summer, and this song was awesome live. Hoping to see them when they're on tour in December too.

Truevyne - You have to love 'Birdhouse in your soul'! Like your 11 year old, you'll find me endlessly singing the lyrics around the house. It's my happy song - I always play it to cheer myself up. Trying singing along yourself, I'm sure you'll soon be addicted. ;)

5:22 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

OMG, you get to see them LIVE?!? that is awesome. Dave Grohl rocks.

4:54 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

R2Ks - Yes, I'm so excited about it, I've seen REM tons of times (mmmmm....Michael Stipe), but never the Foo Fighters before. I think Dave Grohl's awesome, and if they do Learn to Fly I may just think I'm in heaven... :)

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home