A Room with a View

Monday, November 14, 2005

How about 'Monday Rat Blogging'?!

I have to laugh. My life can't get much more ridiculous. I spent the morning freaking out about my appointment with the gynaecologist, which, in the event, was actually both good and bad. Good in that I now know what's wrong (at least gynaecologically speaking, my muscular/skeletal issues are still a work in progress) and that it's nothing life threatening. But bad in that it will be complicated to resolve. So, I came home from the hospital feeling quite relieved but also a bit frustrated that I couldn't be 'fixed' simply, only to find my neighbour waiting to tell me that we have rats. YES. BIG. HORRIBLE. ICKY. RATS.
We live in a terrace of five joined houses, and apparently, if one of us has rats, then we all do. Nothing like neighbourly sharing. The little darlings are currently in our attics and crawling around our internal walls. Ick. Strangely, I'm not particulary scared of them (spiders and bugs, yes...real animals, no), but I'm more than a little bothered that they will hamper our never ending efforts to sell our house. I have visions of a rat appearing on the kitchen work surface (waving its little paws and doing the tango) just as a potential buyer enters the room. Is the entire universe hell bent against me ever moving away from Sleepy Boring Village?! I can just imagine it, the rat catcher's van in the driveway as the lovely potential buyers enter the road. It's too funny. Well, it's not, but we're trying so hard to move, it just seems funny that we are always thwarted by matters outside our control. What next? The plague of locusts?!
Despite all this, I'm in a much better mood than I've been in ages. I think I'm more relieved than I'm letting on to have at least clarity (if not resolution) about some of my medical problems. I always fear the worst, and anything better than that is a huge relief for me. It really has been draining, but I do feel stronger and more together about things now. That said, if I find a rat in my bed tonight, you'll probably all hear me, no matter how far away you are. :)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pleased you're ok xx

9:42 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Clare - Thank you! Are you done with your Monday Soap Sandwich? I called my Mum earlier, and she wouldn't talk because the first installment of Corrie was on. ;)

9:53 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Better a rat than a horse's head in the bed, though, right?

I'm glad you are feeling better. It is kind of comical--the roadblocks. Or at least it will be when you finally get to move. Think of the stories you'll have to tell for years!

10:40 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

R2Ks - But I could make a blockbuster movie if it was a horse's head, couldn't I? The rat's just not going to have the same attraction to Hollywood. :)

Thanks. I do think it's comical, or perhaps that's just the red wine speaking?!

10:49 pm  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

Kind of cracking up at the image of the rats doing tango, etc. :) Sorry to hear about this, though.

It's always great to get more information about our health. It can really put one's mind at ease.

I'm glad you're feeling happy.

4:30 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Oh, yuck. I'm so very freaked out by rats, and apparently they're a problem here on this island. Even though we get spiders in here the size of my hand, I at first comforted myself with the fact that "at least they're not rats." After so many giant spiders, I'm not so sure anymore.

4:31 pm  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Much sympathy on both the rats and the health issues!

7:21 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ugh, PC, you just cannot catch a break! I am hoping that this is the start of resolution for all your healthy problems.

The rats are just icky! How terrible!

1:50 am  
Blogger krisluvswool said...

Health issues suck... but at least it can be fixed over time! Same with the rats. Good luck :)

11:30 pm  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Hope you feel better soon! I however, am frightened of spiders!

LOL

2:25 pm  
Blogger Jane Dark said...

Oh, ick! I'm so sorry.

4:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can certainly sympathize. I think we had a rat once, but mostly we have mice and they are only just a slightly bit less icky. I mean, they're cuter. But they're just as filthy (from a human standpoint of course.) They can also fit through seemingly impossible cracks. I hate hate hate them. Oh god I hate them.

5:22 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Thanks to everyone for the rat sympathy. I can report that they still scuttling around the attic...

Linda - Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

5:28 pm  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

Rats creep me out. You poor woman!!

12:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home