A Room with a View

Saturday, January 14, 2006

100 Facts About Pink Cupcake In 100 Days: Day Three

I love having fresh flowers in the house. Even the smallest, most simple vase of flowers really lifts my mood. Even when I lived in student accommodation, I almost always had flowers in my room. At the moment I have tulips and daffodils, which help me to remember that Spring is around the corner. I like almost all types of flowers, but I can't stand those that are artificially coloured...what it the point of that? White lillies are my favourite though. My wedding bouquet was white lillies and ivory roses.

10 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

fresh flowers in the house is a great idea! I should really start to incorporate that practice into my life.

11:01 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

You should, B*. I never fail to be amazed at how much I enjoy having them around.

11:11 pm  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

I love fresh flowers too. I should follow your advice. Something about seeing them just makes one feel special.

4:21 pm  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

That's a wonderful idea. Something in a deep purple would make my day right now.

Isn't it funny that I've never consider flowers something that one could buy for onself, though? How silly.

9:06 pm  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

oh, no! did you skip a day? ;)

10:07 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

B*, you're being impatient! It's only 10pm here still. I'm just thinking about today's fact. ;) I was just about to come over to you to see if you'd done number 4 yet...

10:12 pm  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

hee! I AM impatient. Sorry. :)

10:55 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Yes! I entirely agree. I miss having a flower garden, because then I could just go and pick flowers for myself, and then have them in my room. I think I'm going to have to make a practice of buying flowers for myself, because it really does pick up my mood.

3:31 am  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

That sounds lovely. Flowers do bring hope!

5:23 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I do the same thing. We have a big warehouse store here, and I try to pick up big bouquets of tulips every time I go, so that I can distribute them throughout the house. I also detest fake colors- how funny is that!

11:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home