A Room with a View

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Clare's wish is my command...

Clare tagged me to do the Five Weird Things About Me meme...She's pretending it's because she wants to get me blogging again, but I just reckon she thinks I'm a weirdo. ;) Here goes...


  • (Just for Clare, because she teases me about this one...) I like watching darts on TV. Yes, I know the stereotypical darts fan is a male, middle-aged , over-weight, beer-drinking taxi driver from Essex, but so bloody what!? Just because I'm a home counties girl, with a bit of a plummy voice and a preference for Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon over a pint of bitter, why shouldn't I be a fan of Wayne 'Hawaii 501' Mardle?! Not sure I'm quite ready to go watch it live yet though. Might have to be able to handle myself in a pub brawl first. ;)
  • I got through my revision for my Law School final exams by singing and dancing to the Fraggle Rock theme tune to motivate and re-energize myself. All together now...'Cast your cares away...'
  • I hate being kissed on my nose. Is this weird?! I think so. My husband always kisses me on the end of my nose before kissing me on the lips, just to wind me up. It drives me totally insane.
  • Soon after we first met, my husband (then my boyfriend) and I lived at opposite ends of the country. Sometimes to make us feel closer we would both put California Dreaming on the stereo and sing along together on the telephone (with harmonies and all...well, as much harmony as my husband can manage, which isn't a lot!). I have no idea why we sang to this particular song, although it's probably because it works well as a duet. It was completely spontaneous and tons of fun. (This one is total proof I'm a weirdo, don't you think?)
  • My husband and I picked out names for our yet-to-be-born cats over 6 years ago, despite the fact that we won't be getting them until (hopefully) later this year when we move home. They're going to be Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, although I hope they won't come to as prematurely sticky an end as their namesakes.

Right, enough weirdness from me. I really hope to be blogging regularly again before too long, but I'm still trying to resolve the medical stuff. In the meantime, I'll probably pop up here from time to time, but I'll definitely be hanging out at your places...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's our girl!
Nose thing: I don't like it either, a nose is a fragile thing, it may break if you come at it too fast or at the slightly wrong angle.
The Fraggle Rock theme tune? The only one I know is probably slightly different to the one you're familiar with!

10:59 pm  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I'm glad to see you up and about.


Big hugs.

1:04 am  
Blogger krisluvswool said...

Aw-- I wish J would sing duets with me... but basically he hates any song with lyrics and doesn't appreciate the joy of singing along. And I LOVE that you've picked out names for your cats already!

4:41 am  
Blogger JM said...

Hooray for Clare! We should all tag you with memes and guilt you into blogging. :)

7:25 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Clare - Oooh, is there a rude version to the Fraggle Rock song?!

Liz & Kristi - Thanks so much.

Julie - It would probably work. :)

9:16 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I am so glad to see you back. I waited and waited, and here you are! Not that strange of a gal, either :)

10:24 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

You're officially my new favourite person. Fraggle Rock theme to get you through your exams? I'm going to have to try that sometime. (Fraggle Rock really is the greatest thing ever.) And my husband probably would also sing along with California Dreaming, except that I would get all complainy that I need someone to hold the melody line (he sings about one note, all the time), because I'd be insisting on doing the Cass harmonies. But I love that you guys would sing that over the phone.

And Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are perfect names for two cats. Especially if they look a lot alike, and you have any chance of confusing them. (In homage to the Tom Stoppard movie.)

2:04 am  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

I watched the Simpsons while studying for the Bar! What's scary is that I use the Simpsons for hypothetical problems in my law class!

3:09 pm  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Just bought Fraggle Rock on DVD!!!

7:53 pm  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

I'm so glad you are back!

6:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home