A Room with a View

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Doing what I'm told...

Clare tagged me for this, so I'd better get on with it...

I am chomping my way through a massive salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, beetroot, olives, pepper, chives, spring onions, mushrooms and tuna). I love salad, but it takes so long to chop up and even longer to eat. Having said that, salad making and eating has to be one of the only guilt-free forms of procrastination, as it's so healthy and you've gotta eat, right?

I want masses of inspiration for the chapter that I am just starting work on. A writing fairy would be good, also.

I wish I lived a lot nearer to my closest friends.

I hate peanut butter. Just don't get why most people don't. Ick.

I love Mr Cupcake, and I'm really proud of him right now as he got completely brilliant results in his most recent lawyerly exams.

I miss my Dad. He died 15 years ago last Sunday. It's very strange to think that he's been gone for more than half of my life now.

I hear men digging up the road outside and many seagulls. It's a lovely day, so the windows are wide open.

I wonder whether I'll ever get my PhD...

I regret not writing 'the one and only' as the answer to the first question on this meme. Says something about my age and sometimes appalling taste in music that I can't get that damn Chesney Hawks lyric out of my head. ;) Gah!

I am not a good cook. In fact, I'm pretty darn awful. I pretend that I don't cook because I don't want to accept the social stereotype of a wife cooking her husband's meals, but that's rubbish. If I could, I would, I'm just crap.

I dance badly but enthusiastically. You should see the video of my wedding reception. ;)

I sing too rarely, but much better than I dance. I was once classically trained and a choral scholar, but now the shower is my only audience...

I cry, but never in front of anyone except my husband.

I am not always as selfless as I'd like to be.

I make with my hands Wouldn't anything I write after this be grammatically incorrect?!

I write many blog posts in my head as I'm doing other things. I need to make sure more of them make it to the screen.

I confuse myself, quite often.

I need to finish eating this frickin' salad and start work on my chapter.

I want to sit outside in a pavement cafe sipping dry white wine and nibbling ciabatta and olives with Mr Cupcake. I can dream... (Oops...just realized I want isn't actually in the meme at this point, and that I've already done it above.)

I should go over to Phantom's to whine. It is Wednesday after all.

I start every day with a mug of coffee and a shower.

I finish most things that I put my mind to...eventually.

I'm not tagging anyone as I think most people have done this, but if you haven't done so already, consider yourself tagged...

7 Comments:

Blogger Limon de Campo said...

Well, your last answer speaks to the question you pose under "I wonder..."!

5:47 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I understand that British peanut butter is vastly different from the stuff we have here. So that could explain things.

And I agree with Limon, on the answer to the "I wonder"

6:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other night I wrote blog posts all night long in my dreams. Now that's being productive! If only I could remember ANY of them...

The pavement and wine-sipping and olive-munching sounds lovely. The sqvirrel and I will join the Cupcakes there if we may, if only in the virtual sense.

9:32 pm  
Blogger blithering moron said...

seagulls are cool. they like to eat fish.

3:06 pm  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Limon & Q of WP - I hope you are both right re: 'I wonder...' :)

Q of WP - Perhaps you are right about the peanut butter, I'll ask my best friend if I can try the stuff he brings back from home (North Carolina).

Turtlebella - You are both more than welcome to join us for wine and olives, anytime. :)

blithering moron - They are cool, but pretty noisy and messy! You're quite right about the fish, one dropped a half eaten fish on my windowsill last week!

6:23 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Can't cook? How about creating a great salad you just described?

6:49 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oooh, so many new things about you!

I like the I want- I'd like to be doing that too.

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home