A Room with a View

Thursday, January 19, 2006

100 Facts About Pink Cupcake In 100 Days: Day Eight

I LOVE getting mail. Even when I'm expecting something that may not be good news, the plop of mail on the door mat sets my heart a flutter. I can't recount the amount of times that I have nearly fallen down the stairs in my haste to get to the mail. I get even worse near birthdays, and everyone around me knows it. I moved in with my husband (then boyfriend) a few months before I was 21 and, when my birthday came around, I was terrified that everyone would send my cards to my old address. I thought I'd been pretty cool about this fear until I received 10 cards through the mail from my husband, who wanted to ensure that I was never faced by an empty door mat. Bless him! :)
So I was very excited today when the plop on the mat contained not only bills and junk mail, but also this amazing Gaudi postcard from Profgrrrrl's adventures in Barcelona...Thanks Profgrrrrl!
(Ooops - can't find digital camera cable, but will blog photo of postcard tomorrrow. Promise!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Total opposite. The quote "what fresh hell is this?" springs to mind.

10:25 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I've discovered the one thing that makes mail even more exciting: an exciting mailbox, with a little flag to tell you when the mail's in. I got one of those as a wedding present (covered in butterflies...*cough*), and I put it on my stoop, and my landlady puts my mail in it. She's very excited about it (far prefers it over putting mail in a bag on the doorknob), and especially loves putting up the little butterfly "flag" when she puts mail in.

Actually, my landlady loves mail even more than I do! Whenever a package arrives for us, she (and often her small son) comes running down to give it to us as quickly as possible, and usually hangs around to see what it is.

7:05 am  
Blogger Chaser said...

Me, too!!

2:45 pm  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I love getting mail too (especially since most of my bills are online so I know that I won't be finding too many now. LOL)

And packages--I giggle like a giddy schoolgirl over them!

5:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home