A Room with a View

Monday, January 16, 2006

100 Facts About Pink Cupcake In 100 Days: Day Five

I'm very scared of butterflies. I absolutely hate the way that they flutter. I just don't care how pretty they are, I shudder and run away if one comes near me, and I know I'd faint if one landed on me. I know it's not rational and that they can't hurt me, but it's the fluttering I tell you, the fluttering! I'm even scared of them when they are dead. An old family friend gave me a display case of butterflies when I was little, which my parents hung in the hall (as there was no way I'd have them in my room). I couldn't even look at them, and would run past them with my head down. How stupid is that? Even last year when my Malaysian friend brought me a bookmark with a dead butterfly in it from his home, I had to hide it out of sight. Given all of this, I have no idea how an ex-boyfriend (current at the time) managed to get me to go on a date to a butterfly house full of exotic butterflies. He certainly wasn't nearly special enough to justify such terror, although he probably thought I really liked him as I clung onto him for dear life the entire time. Ewww!
On a separate note, I'm really behind with replying to comments as my in-laws have been staying for the weekend and I haven't had a lot of blogging time. I will get to them soon and will certainly be fulfilling the requests to blog more about why I ended up at my particular boarding school. I also hope to catch up on my blog reading too. So little time... :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I have a lot of less-than-rational phobias, myself (having my face wet?), and so I hope you don't mind that I laughed like crazy through this whole post. I think you'd fit in with my group of girls a little too well. (My best friend has horrible fear that someone will touch the back of her neck.)

10:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend has a phobia of moths, she said she is "scared of their little grandad faces". Think that's just about as weird as you...maybe more...

11:06 pm  
Blogger JM said...

note to self: do not take PC to local butterfly farm if she ever comes to visit the area.

:)

1:16 am  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

There was a SpongeBob Squarepants episode about this called "Wormy" where they loved him as a pet, until he transformed into a creepy butterfly.

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home