A Room with a View

Sunday, January 22, 2006

100 Facts About Pink Cupcake In 100 Days: Days Ten & Eleven

I'm a little late with Day 10 and I'm feeling pretty tired and icky, so I'll keep these facts short and sweet...
  • Day 10 - Bright Star's fact for Day 11 brought this one to mind. I was named after the main female character in my Father's favourite book. If I'd been a boy I would be called Adam. Apparently there was much disagreement over potential boy names, so my parents eventually settled on the 'first man'. Weird really. Neither of my parents is particularly relgious and I don't think either of them really liked the name. I imagine there was just one hell of a disagreement over some other male name and this was the only compromise they came to. I'm glad I was a girl though, because I really like my name.
  • Day 11 - I'm disillusioned with UK politics right now. The party of which I am a (lapsed) member is in a state of disarray. I'm annoyed because my beliefs are absolutely in line with so many of the party's policies, but I just don't feel that the party's leadership (or prospective leadership) and senior members are in any way capable of doing what they need to do and should be doing. I have far more respect for many of the leading politicians and activists in the other two major parties, but of course I would never sell out on my beliefs. The whole thing just makes me sad and frustrated.

6 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

I wish my parents picked the original name they had for me :)

Ah, well, I feel like that name inside. LOL!

You know, on the political party thing--I feel the same exact way. Absolutely. It's so frustrating to see the opposite party so organized--and the one I support unable to get the stuff done. I await the time when the dominant party self-destructs--and I hope "my" party can pick up the slack when that time comes.

10:04 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, but what are your feelings on the whale in the river?

And was the baby penguin ever found?
(you can tell how very little I know about britain's news and politics -- all I seem to care about is the fate of the critters!).

1:29 am  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I'm sorry that you feel tired and icky. Good job doing two facts in one, especially in that condition! I came to the realisation that I know very little about UK politics.

2:09 am  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I love this facts thing. Very fun! Although I hope you feel better tomorrow.

My parents also fought about what I'd be named. If I was a boy, I'd have been Sebastian!

7:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tag!

10:25 pm  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I think MOST people have a bad taste in their mouth about their countries politics no matter what the country.

Hang in there.

Hope your weekend is good.

7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home