A Room with a View

Friday, January 27, 2006

Another Five Meme...

Ooops! I'm a few days behind with my Hundred Facts About Me, so I'll be playing catch-up on that sometime this evening. In the meantime (or should that be 'memetime'! *groan*) I'm going to get into a bloggy mood with this Five Meme that both the wonderful Clare and Seeking Solace tagged me for...Ooooh, I feel so popular. :)
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
  1. zerodoll
  2. Overread
  3. BrightStar
  4. Seeking Solace / Clare
  5. Pink Cupcake
Next select five people to tag.
Oooh, whilst I like being tagged, I know not everyone does. So, it'd be great if any of the following wanted to give this one a go, but please don't worry if you'd rather not.
  1. Queen of West Procrastination (Being tagged is, after all, just another great excuse to procrastinate!)

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Hmmmm...What I was doing 9 years ago is way more interesting (so I'll post one of my 100 Facts about that). If you asked my Mum what I was doing 10 years ago, she'd say that I should have been in my first year as an undergrad at Very Prestigious University. She was really not at all happy when despite being offered a place, I decided to take some time out after finishing school in 2005 and got a job working in politics. She certainly didn't begin to forgive me until I was accepted to Very Prestigious University in 2003 for my Masters and PhD! So, in January 1996, rather than being tucked away in the corner of a library, I was working on a local election campaign.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

I was in my final term as President of Grad Students in my college at Very Prestigious Uni. I was enormously glad that it was my final term, as it had been a pretty stressful year of office. I was trying to research and write about the wonders of European Law, but I probably spent way too much time stressing over crappy student politics, and de-stressing over many mocha frappuccinos.

Five snacks you enjoy...

  1. Tortilla chips - with guacamole to dip them in, of course!
  2. Yoghurt coated raisins.
  3. Japanese seaweed and rice crackers.
  4. Rice cakes (yeast extract flavoured) with houmous.
  5. Cupcakes - especially when they're pink. :)

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics...

Doesn't everyone know all the lyrics to about a gazillion songs?? Here's a few...

  1. Pretty much any REM song.
  2. Ordinary World - Duran Duran.
  3. Girl From Mars - Ash.
  4. Yes - McAlmont and Butler. (Soooo good when sung really loudly to yourself whilst dancing very badly. :))
  5. Tribute - Tenacious D. (Although I wouldn't admit to that if I weren't using a pseudonym!)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire...

  1. Buy a flat with a sea view and room for tons of bookshelves in Trendy Seaside City.
  2. Donate to my favourite charity.
  3. Start a cat sanctuary.
  4. Fund a scholarship for a PhD student, because it'd be nice to save at least one fellow grad student from funding worries.
  5. Travel to many wonderful places with my husband.

Five bad habits...

  1. Worrying.
  2. Overanalyzing.
  3. Worrying.
  4. Overanalyzing.
  5. Did I mention worrying and overanalysing?!??

Five things you like doing...

  1. Catching up with all my favourite blogs, whilst cuddled up on the sofa with a cup of tea.
  2. Hanging out in coffee shops and reading for fun.
  3. Making other people happy with little surprises and nice gestures.
  4. Spending time with my husband. Living long distance for two years made me appreciate and cherish just hanging out with him even more.
  5. Taking afternoon tea. Yes, I am that English!

Five things you would never wear again...

  1. The blue sparkly evening outfit that I thought was so cool in 1997. Unfortunately it was so. not. cool.
  2. Shoulder pads (I stole that from Seeking Solace, but I'm so with her on this one. What were we all thinking?!).
  3. Any trousers that my Mum has altered the length of. She has a habit of making them way too short, bless her. :) I've lost count of the amount of my trousers that she has ruined over the years.
  4. The woolly hat that I used to wear when I lived in the chilly North. I don't even think my Grandmother would have worn that hat. It was so untrendy, but sooooo warm.
  5. A ra-ra skirt. But my blue, pink and yellow one was way cool in 1985!

Favourite toys...

  1. My laptop.
  2. My ipod shuffle.
  3. Stationery. Any and all of it...
  4. My page-a-day cat calendar. Soooo cute. :)
  5. The Woofs.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE GIRL FROM MARS!!!!!!!

11:40 pm  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Love guacamole!

Shoulder pads are just plain WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! There are people out there who STILL wear them! They should be shot on site!

4:03 pm  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ha! This looks like fun, AND a good opportunity to procrastinate. Excellent.

6:07 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ok, I'm off to do it. But really, once you've raised the issue of shoulder pads, how can I not include them on my list also?

7:06 pm  
Blogger Limon de Campo said...

I love that you'd fund a graduate student. I never even *thought* of that.

I did this meme awhile back, and I listed spandex as the clothing item I will never, ever wear again. I have an entire photo album of me wearing nothing but lycra pants for a whole year. What was I thinking?

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home